Guests coming over for an afternoon tea? Well, here’s a quick way to wow them. These crunchy oatmeal cookies are the perfect complement to coffee or tea on a lazy Sunday. (I suggest you do a second batch, because I assure you the first one will disappear before you can say ‘crunchy almond oatmeal cookies’.)
Happy cooking! xx
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10-12 minutes | Yields: 16 – 20 cookies
- 100 gr butter
- 1 dl sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking ammonia
- 3 dl oats
- 1 dl flour
- 30 gr almonds (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- With the help of a mixer, blend the butter and the sugar. Add the baking ammonia and mix once again. Finally, add the oats, the flour and the almonds, and mix again until mixture is smooth.
- Form small balls from the mixture, and space them evenly on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet.
- Press down each ball with the help of a fork or directly with your hand to form a disc with a width of approximately 1 cm. Tip: Keep in mind to leave enough space between the disks, since they will further expand during baking due to the ammonia.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.